Nine days later and we are all still alive, still in disbelief, and truly happier than ever.
We are so blessed.
Two beautiful, healthy daughters; friends and family who go beyond the call of duty to serve us (i.e. this spur of the moment photo shoot and dinner provided by our favorite Allyson who just so happens to be 39 weeks pregnant herself and who probably still wants to slap me for having my baby before her); and the comfort and safety I feel in my humble home surrounded by the people I love the most.
Life feels very sweet right now.
Sisterly love is in full force around here.
I am so amazed (and thankful) for the way Stella has welcomed her little sister into this home and family who only days ago completely revolved around her.
She is much more interested in Eliza than I expected her to be, and while a few times this interest has been in the form of loving head bonks and anatomy lessons of the face she seems to enjoy touching, kissing, and holding her new friend.
She has even sang her a few of her favorite songs like "Honey, Honey" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".
My heart literally feels like it is going to burst when I watch my two sweet girls together. The heart's capacity to love is an amazing thing.
We have enjoyed first baths as much as they can be enjoyed.
We missed our daddy lots, but are so grateful for all of his hard work and sacrifices for our family.
I know it was hard for him to be away from his girls during this sweet time in our lives, plus he was trying to focus on studying for boards and arranging patients for next week's clinical mock boards.
For as many times as I said Eliza just couldn't come when she did it has worked out so well and I have felt so much peace and calm about the situation.
I know a lot of that is attributed to my husband's calming influence, my wonder woman of a mother, and the Spirit that we work hard to have in our home.
Of course there is lots of napping going on.
Eliza is actually such a sleepy head. She sleeps most of the day if she is not eating and has even given us a couple gifts of 6 hour sleep stretches at night.
I am not sure if it is her weight, her early arrival, or just her sweetness but we are enjoying the rest when it comes.
I feel like I am recovering nicely this time around.
We haven't had to deal with any of the complications we did last time, and overall I feel really great.
I am still staying on top of my pain medications for now and I know I really need to not push myself too hard, especially for the next week or so, but I really can't complain.
We did hit up Costco for about an hour yesterday and just the walking around there made me a little extra tired and sore. It was a good reminder for me to take it easy while I can.
We have enjoyed every minute of Nana J being here.
I am not sure who is most thankful for her presence, myself or Stella, but either way we are so grateful for her!
She has cooked, cleaned, chased Stella outside, taken Stella shopping and to the library, spoiled both girls with darling outfits, shoes, and toys, stayed up late giving baby snuggles, and is even letting Ryan and I escape for a quick date tonight.
And did I mention she looks like she should be my sister while doing it?
I love her so much and am so thankful for the ways in which she cares for and inspires me everyday.
Because of Eliza's surprise arrival my mom just bought a whole new flight to come when she did. That means that although she leaves us tomorrow she gets to come back in only two weeks! And she is bringing my sisters along too!
That knowledge should make our goodbyes in the morning a little less difficult, but I am not counting on it!
Eliza visited the doctor for the first time on Tuesday, November 1st.
Thankfully she checked out great weighing 5 pounds, 4 ounces (3rd percentile) and 18 inches (3rd percentile). Not sure if the hospital or the doctor's office length is wrong, because I am pretty sure she didn't shrink nearly two inches!
And in case you didn't notice, Stella has spent the last nine days wearing this lovely number Nana J picked up for a bargain.
It came complete with crown and bibbity bobbity boo wand.
Looking good, Sis!

















7 comments:
so so glad you guys are doing so well. you look so great. and those pictures of eliza are so sweet. and stella cracks me up. carly has a dress that is almost exactly the same, and it is now covered in holes. apparently they are not designed to be worn all day every day :)
Wonderful pictures and reading your words makes us feel like we are there with you. We are so blessed to have such caring and love for everyone in our family. Keep writing those lovely things and sending pictures. We need all of that to keep us close. The names fit Stella and Eliza and what wonderful sisters they will be. Love you all.
She is darling! And I'm so glad you guys are doing well. I hope Ryan does well on his tests (boards?)? I had fun seeing your mom with Stella at the library too! Okay, I am going to text you, and maybe you can answer me with days to bring you a meal/or help you in any way.
Thinking of you!
Oh, I can't wait to come visit. It seems too long of a time to wait. She will be a month old when I get there. Still lovin the lady bug boots. Joni, thanks for all you have done for the kids. Love you too.
I probably do want to slap you...but won't. I guess I like you too much.:) Please, why didn't Eliza drag her down with her? HA HA HA HA.
BEAUTIFUL girls! Congratulations on a beautiful life. You make it look SO much easier than it really is.:)
xoxox
So dang cute! Oh you're making me jealous, but so excited and happy at the same time. Thank you for posting, I'm sure you're busy, but we love seeing your cute girls (and you of course:)
I love your blog! Eliza and Stella are adorable! I love Stella's dress. They all have one at some point don't they?
I love that I can keep up with what's going on in your life and I'm so glad that you are doing well. You are an amazing example to me. Love you lots!
Post a Comment