Monday, October 17, 2011

Making Room


She is really coming.
Little Sis is just a few weeks away from gracing us with her presence.
And while my body and my heart can hardly wait one more second, my mind is playing Devil's advocate and reminding me of all that still needs to be done and the fears I continue to possess about becoming a mother of two.

That being said we are doing our best to prepare.
The girl's room is rearranged and reorganized, and I again realize just how creative you have to be when it comes to optimizing space in a small apartment.

The transition to "big girl bed" has yet to occur, but Stella sure loves reading books or brushing her teeth up there.
I know sister won't be sleeping in that crib anytime soon so we have a little while to make the switch, plus I am scared to risk messing with Stella's great sleeping habits.
I also may or may not have had an emotional breakdown about the reality of her growing up and us causing her to do so much too soon once I saw the bed finally set up in her room.
Really, you should come take a ride with me on this nine-months-pregnant emotional roller coaster I have been on lately.
It's a good time for everyone involved.



My baby bump continues to grow into something not so adequately described as bump any longer, but that is the beauty of it, right?
It is amazing what these bodies of ours can do.
How they can stretch and move and do all that they can to accommodate the little lives that we are blessed to grow inside of us.

I feel like I have been complaining of aches and pains more frequently this time around, but maybe I just can't remember how I really felt last time.
Somehow we mostly forget the negatives that come along with pregnancy so we will go ahead and decide to do it over and over again.



And slowly but surely I can feel my heart gaining the capacity to love more.
It is so hard to imagine that I could love anyone or anything the way I love Stella, but parts of my soul are beginning to understand.





Dear Sister,

We are eagerly awaiting your arrival into this world, but more importantly into our loving arms and little family.
You are so wanted and I am sure, more so than we know, needed.

While your big sister still struggles to say your name, she knows you are coming.
She loves to give you kisses and already includes you as a part of our family.

Your daddy loves to feel you kick and punch, and can't wait for the moment he can finally hold you close to him.
He prays for you daily and hopes that all will go well with your arrival.

I am even starting to look forward to the sleepless nights I will get to spend feeding you and rocking you.  To the moments when you will look up at me and I will feel your love through the light in your eyes.  For the  moments of newness and learning that will accompany every day of your new life.

We are busy making room for you; in our little home and in our hearts.
We can't wait to see how perfectly you fit into our lives.

With love,
Daddy, Mommy, and Stella Rose


11 comments:

Amberlee said...

I think only you could take family pictures at 9 months and look incredible-- seriously-- you look fantastic!
LOVE the girls room--- love the color- love the crib bedding!
I'm so excited for you! Oh and I think that you should do a writing gig like Rachel does--- you would be so great at it :)

Garrett said...

i'm just waiting to know what "little sister's name is." thanks for always keeping us updated on your life taryn. you look great.

Erin_C said...

the room is so cute! I'm like you: have no desire to move Carly from her crib. I even suggested buying a second one and Chris wasn't a fan. haha. But I'm excited you are so close (and jealous . . . ). Can't wait to see Little Sis!

Britni said...

Love the pics! Your belly is stinkin' cute...you don't look like you've gained an ounce anywhere else :) The big girl bed transition is great...hopefully she'll do well :)

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Looks good. Can't wait to come see you guys again. Really cute family pictures. Love you guys

Aubrey and Chris said...

love love love the girls room. So cute. and the family pics are adorable. so precious.

Shell said...

Love the room and the family pictures!! So great! Ryan is so photogenic when it comes to doing family pics. I really mean that too. Some guys are just hard to look at when in family pictures, but you guys always look so great! Yay for Sister on the way. So excited for you!

Kimi said...

I can't believe Stella is going to be sleeping in that bed! Doesn't she need side rails or something!? Trey moves so much in his sleep I think he'd probably fall off like 5 times a night. Good luck with that!! I can't wait to see what your baby girl is going to look like. It is just around the corner... Ahhh!! Soon I'll be saying that. PS. Is your friend the one that takes all your family pictures? She does such a good job! I love them!

holli said...

You look amazing Taryn! I think every woman feels like a mess at 9 months, it sure makes you grateful to have that baby!

sam and kyrsten said...

loooove my babies! you are sooo beautiful! i love you!

Chelsea Lynn Irons said...

That is an adorable room! I love all your photos!