Last Easter found us snuggling a three month old baby and listening to General Conference.
The inspired messages of Conference were coming at a much needed time in our lives.
The previous six months had been filled with hospitals, surgeries, complications, chemotherapy, blood clots, and amputations. The most crushing blow, however; was learning that chemotherapy was no longer going to be a good option in the continued battle for my dad's health.
Life seemed to be spinning ever so slowly out of any of our control.
As the Sunday morning session of Conference was coming to an end, our dear sweet Prophet, President Monson took to the pulpit to remind us of the greatest moment in the history of the world.
The miraculous Resurrection of our elder brother and Savior, Jesus Christ.
As he spoke the words that made up his talk, I was overcome by a Spirit of peace and calm and was reminded over and over again that all would be well.
In the eyes of my family, my dad was not close to dying. We all know that only three and a half months later he did die, but at that time death was not even an option for the end result.
Yet there I was, thinking about my sweet dad during the entirety of President Monson's talk; a talk about overcoming mortal death.
I felt peace about the reality that my dad might die. I knew that when it happened it would be okay, because I would see him again. That he would live again.
And I knew all of this because of my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ.
I knew in that moment and I know now that not only did He die for us, but he arose to break the bands of death for all men and women.
And just as I did that Easter morning last year, today I feel peace and gratitude for the knowledge I have that my Savior lives.
The words of that talk and the feelings I had on that day will always be with me. I know the spirit was helping to prepare me for what was ahead on my mortal journey, and I will be forever grateful for that tender mercy.
This year the music of Easter Sunday touched my soul and reminded me of the truths that I know and hold dear to my heart.
I couldn't help but get emotional as my dear choir sang the words "He is risen! He is risen! Tell it out with joyful voice. He has burst his three days' prison; Let the whole wide earth rejoice. Death is conquered; man is free. Christ has won the victory!"
What hope these words give to each of us, especially those of us who have lost ones that we love so much.
I was also able to share a song with the sister's in my ward during relief society.
When I was asked to share a musical number on Easter I knew immediately which I wanted to share.
I was able to sing Consider the Lilies, and again felt the spirit whisper the truth of the Savior's love for me.
This song was one of my dad's favorites and I felt him close as I sang the words describing our Saviors care for the lilies of the field, the birds of the air, and for his children here on this earth.
I can not doubt that he knows me by name. If he loved each of us enough to die for us, doesn't it make perfect sense that He now lives for each of us as well?
He is there when we need him and he is carrying us even when we forget to ask.
I know that my Redeemer lives!
While the most important part of Easter is remembering Jesus Christ, the other parts are pretty special as well; especially when you have children.
Stella experienced a few firsts this Easter: her first egg hunt, her first time splashing in a puddle, and her first time meeting mud.
Every moment brought a smile to our faces.
Throwing the eggs seemed to be much more fun than actually opening them up and finding treasures.
Stella and her friend Jadyn enjoying the festivities.
Splish, Splash!
And then falling in a mud puddle happened.
She looks so sad, but so cute at the same time.
Have you ever seen someone so excited to get a magna-doodle?
Hope your Easter celebrations brought you this much joy and happiness as you spent time with those you love and remembered the great sacrifice and Resurrection of our Lord.









9 comments:
You sounded beautiful in Relief Society! :) It definitely brought the spirit.
Love it...the mud, Easter, looks like you had a great day :)
beautiful post. and a great reminder of how special Easter really is. I love ALL of the pictures of stells. I love the rubber boots on her too! They are DARLING! and the mud on the face and the excitement of the magna doodle and EVERYTHING. ahhh she is precious. love your dress too. im sure you sang beautifully!
this is kyrsten by the way
I wish I could have heard you sing! I'm glad to hear what you know because it strengthens so much of what I know. Glad you had a good Easter!
your song was so beautiful yesterday. i was sorry i didn't get the chance to tell you. thanks for singing for us in rs. you have a beautiful voice!
Poor Stella in the mud puddle! ha ha
You were great yesterday! That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent with us! :)
Taryn, you make me so proud.The song you sang which was one of Scott's favorites is also mine so I want you to remember it so I can have it done by you on my special day and he and I can enjoy it together. Enjoy your week with your Moms. Love ya
beautiful post, as always! It has been too long since I've heard you sing. Stella is a darling little Easter Bunny!! I love the boots!
Post a Comment