Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Words To Live By

Time for some goals?
Better late than never, she said.

So my vision for twenty-eleven seems to be far reaching.
I know goals are better written down in detail, with achievable milestones and measurable outcomes.
Why do I know this?
Because I went to college.
Not to become a counselor mind you, but to become a dietitian.
So basically to become a counselor.

Anyways...back to the goals.
Mine aren't so quantifiable this year.
In fact I don't even know if I have any true goals to be set.
Instead I have come up with a few words to live by if you will.
They seem to encompass all of the values, visions, and hopes I have for myself and my family at this time in my life.
So even though they aren't all measurable and such, I wanted to document them for the world and my own two little eyes to see so that someone can be held accountable a few months down the road.
So without further adieu, Taryn's words to live by in 2011:

Read
- for pleasure more
- for revelation more
- for enlightenment more
- to my daughter more

Serve
- my husband
- my daughter
- my neighbor
- the strangers I pass each each day on the street
- in my calling at Church

Healthy
- exercise more, worry about the way I look less
- cook more new foods in new and exciting ways
- more real, less processed

Self
- explore new talents, refine old ones
- find passion

Time
- be wise with it
- use it to do accomplish the things  listed above
- Early to bed, early to rise
- more spent talking, less spent typing

Simplify
- organize, organize, organize
- do more with less
- get rid of all the "stuff"

So those are just a few things I want out of 2011.
All those thoughts could be viewed as a little much, a little overwhelming.
But I am just thinking of it all in terms of 6 little words.
Let's get started, shall we?

6 comments:

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

I think your words to live by sounds great!! When you compound it into 6 words- it seems a little more doable! :)

sam and kyrsten said...

those are all great words to live by. i have a lot of those i need to do more with... especially the reading... do i even know how to read?

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Beautifully put.. as always!

HDVB said...

Ditto with Jeremy & Ruth - "Beautifully put...as always!" ;)

Dana said...

Taryn, although I've never met you, you continue to inspire me! I love your eloquence with words! I'm sure you will do all of those this year.

Chelsea Lynn Irons said...

What a good list you have! Happy 2011 Taryn! xoxo