Well here is how it went down:
Wednesday
Happy birthday boyfriend! Ryan's birthday went well. Low key, but it was fine. Stella didn't get much sleep the night before (remember the sickness?), which in turn meant her mom and dad didn't get much sleep.
Ryan didn't end up having class until 10:30, so that meant I got a couple extra hours after my 5:00-7:00 am shift was over.
I tried to let him sleep in on his birthday, I really did. But after also taking the 12:00-2:30 am shift I broke down and woke him up.
I am mean, I know.
After a little bit of rest I was feeling much better about my life, and thankfully my baby's little belly was feeling better as well.
We stayed in most of the day while Ryan enjoyed some dental this and that at school until we met up with some friends for dinner to celebrate year 29 of Ryan's life.
Awkwardly enough we were the first to leave the dinner-party-thrown-by-us-in-honor-of-one-of-us so that Ryan could hurry to Scouts.
So that was Wednesday.
Thursday
Pretty uneventful.
It is really cold here so once again we stayed inside most of the day.
I did get ready, though, so that should count for something.
I actually get ready most days.
It is just one way that makes me feel more productive and happy about myself each day.
Plus I like fashion and clothes and jewelry a little too much to only get ready once a week.
I made a yummy dinner.
Chili and cornbread.
We watched Marley and Me.
Dang show.
I don't even like dogs that much and yet I bawl every.time.
I have realized I cry much to easily.
I went to the gym.
Wait. Did you read that?
I said "I WENT TO THE GYM!"
woot woot.
It doesn't happen nearly as often as it should people so I got to give myself credit when it is warranted.
We watched some Prison Break.
Yeah...we started this little series last Sunday.
Can't stop watching.
Can't stop dreaming about prison.
I really, really hope I never have to go to prison.
It is scary there.
And I hope the government isn't really corrupt.
Just saying.
Anyways, it is good. We are just over halfway through season one thanks to instant Netflix.
Friday
Oh, Friday.
Well remember how Stella was sick?
Well at about 5:00 am, I decided I wanted to be sick too.
So for the next six hours I moved as little as possible, which is pretty hard with an almost one year old and the frequent need of a toilet.
We survived until Ryan got home early from school, but then Ryan wasn't feeling so hot either.
So the rest of Friday found the mom and dad on the couch and the baby still in her pajamas doing her best to destroy the house. It was a little scary here.
I had been planning to finally (3 days later) eat Ryan's birthday treats.
Well they are still sitting on my counter and I am about inches away from throwing them in the trash.
I am NOT eating them all myself.
I won't do it.
I can't do it.
DON'T DO IT, TARYN!
Saturday
Everyone was feeling better for the most part, but let's just say my weekend to-do-list wasn't touched.
A little more prison break may have been watched.
And pizza may have been ordered for dinner.
So now it's Sunday. And I am rather happy that a new week starts tomorrow.
We are feeling great today. Stella's only problem today seemed to be holding still for longer than 0.2 seconds at church.
Everyone tells me she is busy.
Yep, I know!
She is everywhere, all the time.
And she doesn't even walk yet.
I have been wanting write some goals down for the new year, but this week kind of got in the way of that.
So I might post those sometime this week.
Don't be mad that it is going to be January 10th tomorrow.
That just means I might actually be working on achieving those goals ten days longer than the rest of you all.
It is called strategy people.
Oh and thanks for all your prayers and words of encouragement regarding my dear friend.
They mean a lot to me, but I am sure they mean even more to her!
10 comments:
I just love your posts. They always make me smile. Well sometimes they make me cry... but most the time they make me smile. :) Thanks for sharing your week. Makes me feel a little better about mine! Glad you guys are feeling better. We'll have to plan another get together soon because you know... it's time. :)
prison break. just wait. it gets 10000x better. i watched all four seasons within a month. i'm predicting right now that you will be through all of them in the next few weeks.
You are so funny! I love your clever posts, they make me laugh. I especially love to imagine your face while your saying some of those things. That is so terrible that you guys all got the bug:( I'm glad you're all well and hope you have had your turn for the sick season.
sorry about the puky week for you guys...that stinks. i'm pretty sure we need to start getting out and doing some things during the week now, i almost have my house back to order after the post-vacation chaos. i'm glad you feel better now and are going to the gym. i started p90 on friday...couldn't move all weekend :)
Oh no! It is no fun to be sick! I'm sorry!
prison break has been on our netflix for about EVER.. mom keeps making me lower it on our list. glee2 is on its way. PUMPED :) miss you! hope you guys are all feeling better! happy monday :) let's skype soon!
Don't feel mean about waking your hubby on his b-day. And do feel great about working out this week.
Sorry that you and Ryan both got sick, that is no way to spend a weekend (except for the watching a show together and ordering pizza part).
Good luck with this week and writing your goals for the year.
It's been ages since I could savor in all of your blog wonderfulness...and then I got a chance and my favorite part is when you used the a word (picture me saying that like Sandra on the Blindside:).
and now I love you more.
Praying that 2011 sends less puke and more love and NO more sickness!!
xoxoxo
Oh, I loved this post because it reminded me oh so much of my own life. I'm glad there's someone out there dealing with everyday stuff. Thanks for writing it down so I know I'm not the only one with a "busy" child. I'm sorry that she's that busy and she doesn't walk yet. I wish I didn't have to say this, but it will get worse. But when it gets worse in one area it usually gets better in another. Love ya girl! Again, you need an award for the best ever blog writer!!! You're amazing!
We loved prison break!! When we watched it wasn't on instant viewing for netflix we had to order the disks one at a time. It was torture to wait for the next one :)
Post a Comment