Monday, October 25, 2010

Nothing Better

When you live away from family and friends there is nothing better than spending a few precious moments with the ones you love; and for someone who lives 1800 miles away I have been very blessed this year to see so much family, so very often.  I think there will only be one month out of the entire year that we haven't seen at least one person in our family.  We truly are so very lucky, blessed, and loved by many!

I am always up for trips to visit others, I mean I am pretty much an expert traveler by now, but it is always a little extra special when the people I love get to see the places and things that make our current home special to us.  This time it was my mom and sisters who decided to visit and although they have all been here before we were able to see and do some fun new things.


We took a little drive to a local fruit farm to attempt a little apple picking.



Ryan and Stella searching for the perfect apple...

...which is apparently one that can be eaten in one quick bite...



Stella enjoyed the tiny apples that were just her size



Apple picking is very serious business!


The ladies.
Sam and Ryan are going to be slightly outnumbered for a while.
We kept commenting how weird it was that our little crew pretty much makes up our family for at least the next couple of years.
We all miss Jace and Dad a lot, but I am so happy that we at least have each other. 
There aren't too many people as great as these three!


The next day we took a short, but absolutely beautiful drive to the Hocking Hills of Ohio.


Fall was in full force all around us as we wandered through caves and visited currently dry waterfalls.
Living in Ohio during the fall helps me enjoy the area all over again.  Fall provides a nice reprieve from the humid summer swelter and helps to ease us into the gloomy winter months.
This year has been especially beautiful and the temperature continues to hover around the 70's.
Where can I move that feels and looks this way all year round and also contains all of my family and friends?







We spent a little time inside as well, both in our apartment and at the mall.
It is true, we Hansen girls love to shop.  But our mama taught us to do it right- never buy anything for full price, heck, never buy anything over ten bucks if you can help it!
We had lots of fun modeling for one another and helping each other discover the perfect find.

Besides the picking, the hiking, and the shopping there was lots of eating, laughing, making tapes for our favorite Elder, and of course Stella spoiling.
It was a perfect few days that ended far too quickly.
The countdown is now on until we get to see each other again- t-minus 5 weeks and counting!




9 comments:

Brandon and Brianne said...

What ADORABLE GIRLS ALL OF YOU!!! Stella certainly is a beauty all of her own though- that is for sure! So that place your looking for... that looks and feels like this, plus has all your family and friends- i think its called heaven! :) Hope you are doing well! Love you!

sam and kyrsten said...

oh my. LOVE. MISS. WISH. we are all still there. cant wait to see you guys again. i tell everyone about how absolutely darling my little stells bells is. and look at how cute her boots and jeggings are. so stylish. love you. it was a perfect trip!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

What a Beautiful place you live in, what a Beautiful family you have, what a Beautiful blog, and what an AWESOME outfit your daughter is wearing in the last few pics!! LOVE THE BOOTS!!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Hey there,

Katy here-Lacy's sister.

I just wanted to say hi and that I love your blogs. Beautiful pictures of the trees...and a beautiful family. Tell them Hi for me. Stella is adorable!!!!!

I have a blog too-
http://bumblebeetuna99.blogspot.com/

Britni said...

What a fun few days for you! I'm sure Hocking Hills was GORGEOUS! Ohio is definitely a wonderful place to be in the fall...gorgeous scenery, wonderful weather, and of course football! That outfit Stella is wearing in those last few pictures is TO DIE FOR...SO CUTE!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Ya'll are so cute. Stella's outfits are adorable!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

You guys are all so cute! Looks like you had so much fun together!!! I love all the pictures!

Shell said...

So fun! I'm so glad you got to see them. THose pics are absolutely GORGEOUS of the fall in Ohio! Wahoo! Love you and see you in less than 5 weeks! Can't wait!

Our Sweet Life said...

Taryn,
Your little girl is beyond precious! I can't believe how fast time goes and how grown up she is. I have never missed Ohio as bad as I have looking at all of your gorgeous fall pictures. Beautiful blog and family. Miss Ya!
Tonya