Monday, February 15, 2010

Coming Into Focus

All photos courtesy the AMAZINGLY talented, Allyson Bowcutt. Thanks, Ally! We LOVE them!
So this is my life now. Tomorrow my baby girl will be three {3!!!} weeks old and I am pretty sure I still have no idea what I am doing. Okay, I think I have the basics down. I mean I am feeding, changing, and bathing my child, but lets be honest...after that it is just a guessing game. But looking at these beautiful pictures reminds me that although I may be low on the beauty sleep, my garbage is full of dirty diapers {the girl can POOP!}, and the 5 inch scar on my abdomen will never go away I am doing what I was called to do. My good friend, Tenille, posted this quote on her blog just this weekend which helped give me a little shot of spiritual and mental energy.
"Mothers go longer on less sleep and give more to others with less personal renewal for themselves than any other group I know at any other time in life. It is not surprising when the shadows under their eyes sometimes vaguely resemble the state of Rhode Island...You are doing God's work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you, and He will bless you, even-no, especially- when your days and your nights may be the most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and weep over the responsibility as mothers, 'Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' and it will make your children whole as well."
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland "Because She Is a Mother"
Ah, the promises of the Gospel. So grateful. Becoming a mother {and doing so approximately 1800 miles away from my own} has brought my focus more clearly on family. And in particular the blessing of Forever families. I love my family so much. The beautiful family found in the pictures below; the family I grew up fighting with and traveling with and learning from; the families that play at Bear Lake and in Island Park; the family I was lucky enough to marry into; and the family that may not be mine through blood but has become such through unbreakable friendships. Having Stella has made me the most homesick I have been while living in Ohio, yet I know that this transition into motherhood is happening right now, right here because it is supposed to.
So although I am sure day 21 is going to bring something totally different than day 20 did, I know with the Lord's help and my husband's help and the examples of successful parenting all around me it will be a good day. And for no other reason then I get to spend day 21 with the beauty below. I am sure she will melt your heart as much as she repeatedly melts ours.























22 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

OH. MY. HECK. im in love im in love im in love!

The Millers said...

love them all, they turned out great!

Erin_C said...

such cute pictures! I love all her headbands. Did you guys make them all?

I know what you mean about not knowing what you're doing. The best part is that right when you feel like you've got the hang of it, she'll grow into the next phase and you'll start all over;-)

and I know what you mean about being more homesick now that Stella is here. I feel the same way. Today I saw a mom, daughter, and granddaughter baby clothes shopping at Target and thought I would love to go shopping any random day with my mom and daughter.

and yes, I love the commercials where the olympians are kids. goosebumps every time;-)

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

OMG how cute are they. I can't wait till you guys get here. I can only imagine how much fun that was. Love the tutu and the poop. The lady I bought the little blanket from brought the burp pad to go with it. I will keep it here till you get here. Love ya

Joni said...

These pictures turned out so good. You both look so cute with Sella and so happy. What a wonderful new family. I can't wait till you are back here so we can squeeze our stella. I love the smiling one with you taryn and the one with ryan and her. Wow, allison did a great job. Thanks love mom

Chelsea Lynn Irons said...

I love EVERY photo! I can't see enough! What a beautiful blessing and I always look forward to your cute and creative posts Taryn! Stela is so cute in her tu-tu
xoxoxox

Ty and Em said...

HAHAH! That last picture is hilarious. Love it.

HDVB said...

Definitely melted my heart! Such a cutie!

Britni said...

So fun! Love them lots! Also, love the thoughts on being a momma. It is a wonderful thing :)

Elise said...

The pictures are SO cute and she is beautiful, as are you! Thanks so much for the quote, it was just what I needed! In fact, I think I'm going to have to print it off and put it somewhere by my bed, because some days you just need to hear that. :)
Thanks!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

These are so beautiful! Good job Allyson!

Nicole said...

She's definitely your baby! She looks just like you both, and she's adorable. I'm glad you're so happy! Can't wait to see her again.

McKensie and Caleb said...

The pictures are gorgious, thanks for sharing. I'm glad you are having the time of your life being a new mommy. It sounds like you are taking it a day at a time, and that's the secret. Always be ready for change. I love that you captured the picture of her pooping, so much fun! It seems like poop becomes a big part of your life when you have kids. Have a great day!

Brienne Alder said...

Oh these are so cute. I love them. Ha ha Brookie so did the exaact same thing to me... pooped all over me the exact same baby poop... It was funny...things just aren't as big of a deal as they used to be. Glad you guys are doin great. So glad to see the beautiful pictures!!!

Heather Ashcroft said...

What a precious photo shoot! I love, love, love your header picture. What a great looking family :) They all turned out great.

Allyson said...

What a natural little diva! And SO MUCH FUN! I love the love that you all have for each other...and it truly shows in all of the photos! Such fun! Can't wait for ALL the fun shoots we can have.:) And at least we'll know to have a diaper on hand at every moment...right? Thanks for having such great style! xoxo:)

Danika said...

Those pictures are so cute!

tyson and ashley said...

Thanks for all of that Taryn! I needed to hear that tonight! Krew had surgery today so I have been feeling a little bummed, and I loved the part in Elder Hollands quote where he said children will be made whole! That brings so much comfort to hear that!
P.S. Stella is such a cutie!! I love all of your pictures!! They are adorable!

Taig said...

cutest baby award goes to stells :) love her.. and i guess you guys! haha just kidding. can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!! give her kissies from auntie shag.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Super cute pics! She is adorable!

spencerandmolly said...

i'm dying over her moccasins. she is too much cuteness

A said...

Super cute pics!