January
We rang in the new year out West with our families. The tail-end of our holiday vacation found us spending a few more days surrounded by the mountains and enjoying great company. After heading back to the 614 we celebrated Ryan's day of birth and dove head first into dental tools and textbooks. Oh yeah and we were totally loving the ever gray skies that linger over the Ohio Valley from December to April each year.February
March
For spring break we attempted to escape those cold, dreary Columbus days by heading South...ish, to South Carolina and the beach! A week with friends in a condo on the beach was just what we needed to recharge for the final quarter of the year. We survived bedbugs and 10 hour drives to enjoy approximately one day of sunshine, but enough good food, trips around the lazy river, and games of mini golf to last a lifetime!April brought birthday wishes for Taryn and a visit from Taylor just in time to catch some Buckeye baseball. The sun was shining more often then not, and I was finishing up my dietetic internship by working with the kiddos at one of the top rated Children's Hospitals in the nation.
May
May was a big month for us. After a month of careful planning and scheming (also known as lying), Kyrsten and I were able to pull of the ultimate surprise for the ultimate party planner. To celebrate her "retirement" from the preschool teaching profession and pretty much just because she deserved it we threw a party in my Mom's honor. She didn't know about it. Or know I was coming. The above picture is when she found out.Soon after returning from Idaho I did what I had to do on a stick and we found out the wonderful news that a little nino would soon be calling us mom and pop. Love thinking about that day. I seriously took 4 pregnancy tests and still didn't believe it. Sometimes I still don't.
After returning to the homeland (minus the swine flu, thank you) we decided we must pay tribute to our forefathers and head to our Nation's capital. Touring the monuments with the Hansen family was so much fun and packing everyone into the car each day was even funner (I know, not a word). I also started my first official job as an actual dietitian. Oh the joys of working for WIC. What I like to call my "WIC Wonderfuls" deserve their own post all together.August
Because the Obama's were occupied while we were in DC we had to meet up at a later date in Philadelphia. They made our trip a ton more fun by making us wait outside the Liberty Bell for two hours while they finished their personal tour. But our original Philly cheese steaks and Ihop with Greg and Karly totally made up for it.September
September meant Ryan would be heading back to school full time and we couldn't let that happen without a final summer adventure. Said adventure took us East to the wonderful beauty that is the East Coast and into the lives of some of the greatest people on the planet. Such a great time.
Pretty sure October received an entire blog post of its own consisting of lovely leaves and football fanatics. And of course we found out our little bean was a little she, leading to the start of a very full closet for miss Stella.November

Off to our mountain home for a day of thanks and some baby spoiling. Utah and Idaho were wonderful and it is so crazy to think the next time we visit home will be with our little chica.
December
This month brought our first Christmas without our families and the final countdown to baby. And the return of our beloved gray Ohio skies. Lucky for us we have a little piece of sunshine coming to join us and help us get through those few months of gloom. It has been a great year and we really can't wait to see what 2010 brings us. I am sure there will be lots of surprises, but I think we can at least count on a birthday (or two or three), lots of studying, and of course a little Buckeye football. Until next year...





8 comments:
Fun post! What a year..you've been everywhere! glad we could share a few of those memories with you :)
this is such a cute idea!! the year in review!! Alot of wonderful things happened to you guys this year! i would have to say the most wonderful would be finding out you are going to have a baby!! 8-)
love this post. i think i need to do one too! your wonderful! and boy you were spoiled this year with traveling... :) love you! a month from today (or hopefully sooner) little stella luna will be coming to stay! :) i CANT WAIT~!
Very cute post!
taryn!!! it is the most amazing experience!!! i love beibg a mom and seth is the best dad ever! labor was really really REALLY long... but we all made it out alright and have a precious long little boy to enjoy every day! fyi... for our ocd side- have an idea of how you want labor to go, but be flexible- you never know how things will turn out:) and the epidural is a glorious gift;) i wasn't planning to get one, but it was wonderful!:) good luck my friend!
What a crazy year! I'm sure 2010 will bring many more adventures - Stella, for example!
So I'm jealous looking at all the great places and memories you were able to make this year, that is so fun. I can't wait much longer for baby Stella to arrive...being a Mom is the best thing you can do for 2010! Love you, Miss you!
What a crazy, busy year you have had. You look absolutely adorable by the way with your baby bump. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one! She's got one cute room to come home too. Take care and hopefully when you guys make it home we will be able to make it down so we can see you. Take care!
Post a Comment