R.D.
They are just two simple letters, but as of this morning I can officially sign them behind my name! I took the national dietetitian registration exam this morning and I PASSED!!!!
I was very nervous going in, but I had done my best (okay, maybe not my best) to prepare and had confidence in the things learned over the last 5 that have made up my dietetics education. And yes, I have been working as a dietitian for the past three months but have been doing so under a limited permit to practice dietetics. Now I just have to keep up with continuing education each year and I will always be eligible to work as a RD! I must admit that I am very excited and just a little bit proud of myself. I overcame a lot of obstacles to reach this point and I just want to encourage any of you out there who are struggling to finish school or to make a decision that will allow you to follow your dreams to JUST GO FOR IT!!!! It might not be easy 100% of the time, but in the end it is totally worth it to know you accomplished something so great!
So needless to stay it has been a crazy week in the Palmer household. I was so anxious for this week to start and now I can't believe it is over. Between finding out that it has been our baby girl occupying my uterus for the past few months and studying, taking practice tests, and making flashcards my emotional and psychological reserves are depleted! And what a great weekend it should be as I get the opportunity to refill those emotional, psychological, and spiritual buckets that I just mentioned dumping out as I listen to the council of our Church leaders during General Conference (to learn more about General Conference go here: http://www.lds.org/broadcast/gc/about/0,6223,8872-1,00.html)
Life is good! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
18 comments:
Taryn!!!!!
I could not be happier for you! You are just living my dream :) Someday I hope to be just like you! Good job- I am so proud!!!!
Congrats! That is awesome. GOOD JOB!
Way to go Taryn! Proud of you, Love you guys and Miss You. This is Teresa not Ashlie.
congratulations! What a huge accomplishment. That day still seems so far away for me. I'm so proud of you!!
Yeah! Congrats! What an accomplishment!
Congrats friend!! Now there is one less stress to worry about! Now you can focus on shopping for that little baby girl!!
Bless your heart!!! We are so very proud of you. NOW you can really start getting ready for that special little girl. Things are looking up, everywhere!!!!! Maybe its all our prayers and such. Grandpa & Grandma.
you have had a crazy emotional week! but i am so proud of you all around! you are so amazing and deserve all of these incredible blessings! thanks for being a good example of hard work and dedication! i love you!
Ryan and Taryn,
Congrats on the little girl! She is going to be so beautiful and adorable! I can't wait to meet her! Taryn, congrats on passing the test. That just shows you are so amazing! Miss you guys and can't wait to see you soon!
Meg and Ryan
TARYN! Oh that is so exciting, and I know you are READY to be done! Congrats
congrats on passing your test and on the baby girl. How exciting!
What a great accomplishment. We are so proud of you and of Ryan and know that you guys are in the spot you are supposed to be. Even if it is too far away. We love you so much. See ya soon!!! Mom
Taryn, Hi it's kino, (karen) allys' aunt, anyway are you on face book? I posted Ryans fishing adventure on it, it's kindof lame how I did it, I don't have much talent when it comes to posting , anyway if your not on it, join, it's really fun and become my friend. congrats on RD, love to you and Ryan and the little one. I need to read more do you know what he/she is yet? love ya
Congrats on passing your test little lady! That is so awesome! Just so you know, Logan misses you too, but along with it we are so excited to see you in November. Love ya!
Taryn I love you to death! Congrats on having a little girl! Your mom is going to go crazy buying clothes, which are way more fun than boy stuff. You are a darling pregnant woman. I can't wait to see you! And BIG congrats on getting your R.D. Love ya tons!
Oh Tar COngrats! That has got to be one of the best feelings in the world. I'm so happy for you. I actually am going to back to school and am going to finish up my degree, and sometimes I wonder if I'll even be able to do it with all that I have going on but I just tell myself nothing fulling is easy and I can do it. Thanks!!!! YOur amazing!
Post a Comment