January 2008: Ryan turned 26, Ryan found out he got into dental school and scared Taryn to death by coming to the hospital where she was doing clinicals to tell her!
February 2008: Bought a beautiful couch that Taryn still LOVES , Ryan started his dream job- Logan High JV Baseball coach, Taryn was officially accepted into the OSU Medical Dietetics program and realized she would be moving across the country a little sooner than she thought (STRESS!).
March 2008: Celebrated being married for 2 years, the Hansen family dog, Chancey, passed away after being part of our family for 15 years, saw the Lord's hand guiding our life through unimaginable blessings.
April 2008: Taryn turned 22, found joy through simple things in life and loving time with our families, Taryn attended her final class as a Utah State Aggie.
May 2008: Not too much happened....just moved 1800 miles across the country! Had a great time with the Hansen family driving to Ohio, visiting Nauvoo, and seeing Wicked and Wrigley in Chicago.
June 2008: Visited Kentucky, settled into life in Ohio, met some great new friends, and Ryan got a job as the dairy boy at Kroger.
July 2008: Loved playing tennis and running in the mornings, Taryn tried to enjoy free time, Ryan was still stocking shelves, and Taryn started a Long Term Care rotation for school and actually enjoyed it.
August 2008: Visitors!! Breanne and Derek, Kyrsten and Sam, and Taryn's mom all made it out to Ohio! Saw Niagara Falls and Palmyra, New York. Taryn started a WIC rotation for school and loved it.
September 2008: Hurricane Ike hit Ohio, started partying with the other 1st year dental students (Cafe Rio night), went to Pittsburgh and Washington DC on a sports extravaganza, Ryan received his White Coat for dental school, Ryan started dental school, Taryn started her final (after some debate) year of college, became true Buckeyes by attending our first football game.
October 2008: Engulfed in textbooks, dental tools, hospital charts, and assignments. Still found time to work a little and play a lot. Dressed up as bikers for Halloween complete with Ryan's handlebar mustache.
November 2008: Missed our families, spent our first Thanksgiving away, were thankful for our great friends here in Ohio, missed our families some more, and started counting down the days until our plane left.
December 2008: Survived our first finals week of dental school, spent the holidays with our families in Utah and Idaho, ended the year with grateful hearts and a New Years kiss!
Now that 2009 is here, it is back to school and back to real life. Being home for the holidays was such a great vacation and I can't wait to go back! Since we have been back in Ohio Ryan had his birthday (yes, he is 27 now!), we had our hearts broken as the Buckeyes lost to Texas, and started back to school; all while being terribly sleep deprived from traveling. I am never good at making New Years resolutions and actually writing them down. I think it is because I usually don't fulfill them and I really hate to fail at things. So this year I am resolving to just be happy. Most days I think I can at least do that.
7 comments:
taranch i love you! i think you always have great posts. always creative and well written! i love you I hope to talk to you soon!
Great post, Tar! Love you!
Wow - 2008 was a busy, exciting, scary year for you. I am sorry I missed you while you were in Utah...but I'm glad you had a great time with family. Good luck with your FINAL SEMESTER!!! Man, what a great feeling.
Hi...you prob have no idea who I am but I found your blog through Greg's. I was friends with Greg & Ryan in Pendleton. I just wanted to tell Ryan hi. Looks like you are taking good care of him!
Isn't it crazy how much 2008 changed our lives?! There will probably never be another year where so much change happens!
Wow, when you put it that way, you had a very eventfull 2008!!!
Hey Taryn, to answer your question...Holly, Ellen, Vanessa, Marie, Savannah, Tara, and I got in. We are all very much relieved to have the process behind us. Wahoo we are almost done (though not as close as you)!
Post a Comment