Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks


Despite being 1800 miles away from our families we had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We were able to get together with 4 other first year dental student families, and attempt to create a Thanksgiving that included all the delicious dishes and memories we were used to back in Utah/Idaho. Everyone made 2 or 3 dishes and then met up at the Hendricks (thanks guys!) to have our feast.

Look at all that great food! Since I had to work in the morning Ryan made most of our contributions. His mashed potatoes and lemon poppy seed cake were great. I made the prosciutto wrapped asparagus. I got some weird thrill from purchasing the prosciutto fresh from the deli. I know, I don't get it either. Heather did a GREAT job on the turkey, at least once our future dentists pulled out the insides and gave each other an anatomy quiz. We were all so proud of our food and our ability to pull of a successful Turkey Day. We are officially grown ups now.

After dinner we had lots of fun just talking and playing games. The Hendricks have a pool and ping pong table in their basement and we all had fun playing. The boys get to play ping pong everyday at school and are getting quite obsessed with it. Ryan is dominating though:) Heather and I play more like we are 85 years old and hanging out in the assisted living rec room, but whatever works right?
Here is all the gals plus some little ones. Becky has two daughters, Kaitlyn (who is on my lap) and Ashley (Brittany is holding), and Heather's baby is Jadyn in the orange (even though Amy is holding her). Overall we had a great holiday and only missed our families just a little bit. Here are the top 5 things Ryan and Taryn are thankful for this year:
5. Ryan- Getting in to Dental School
Taryn- Ryan getting in to Dental School, and me being able to transfer to OSU without losing any of my credits.
4. Ryan- Our Good Friends
Taryn- Being able to have so many fun adventures and do so many great new things this year with my hubby
3. Ryan- Family
Taryn- Our families being kept safe, healthy, and happy while we are away from them (and when we were close to them!)
2. Ryan- Baseball and everything associated with it
Taryn- Our wonderful friends old and new. I don't think I could have survived this crazy year without the support of such great friends.
1. Ryan- Taryn
Taryn- Ryan
(We love each other)

6 comments:

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

We did have a good time - didn't we! I just wanted to let you know that we had to leave early from the movie because Jadyn was being to loud - not crying, just talking really loud - kind of funny...

By the way, don't ever post pictures of me again!

Taig said...

tender:) i miss you.. thanksgiving wasn't the same without you.. but i'm thankful for such an amazing sister. you are such an example and i love you so much! :)

sam and kyrsten said...

taranch! it looks like you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving! it was really sad not to have you guys at the cabin! we all missed you so much! but we are SOOO excited to see you in like 13 days! YAY! also i loved the family post you did before this one! you always make me smile with your posts and the way you write! you still have an awesome talent and mrs. serpa would be proud! we love you guys and cant wait to see you!

Britni said...

I'm glad you guys had an awesome day. A part of me wishes we could have been here with our Ohio family for the holiday! Good luck with these last few days of school...we need to hang out before you guys take off for Utah!

Karly & Greg Palmer said...

Time is going by so fast! It looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving as well. When do you guys fly in?

Leah said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving even though you are so far away! I had so many great memories when "Elephant Love Song" started playing on your blog! Miss you guys!