Saturday, July 12, 2008

Houseguests

This past week we had our first visitors since moving to Ohio. Granted they didn't really come out to visit us, but we had a great time with them anyways! Ryan's cousin Kevin and his wife, Allyson, are also starting dental school here at OSU in the fall. They made the trip East to try and find a house and job. Although their time here was full of stress and long, busy days we really enjoyed having them here. We can't wait until they are here to stay and we can watch Animal Planet, have fun on $5/day, eat at Panera, and Allyson and I can stress out and cry together! :) Come back soon guys!

I also started clinicals this week, and have been really enjoying that. I am working with a Dietetics consulting company that works with Long Term Care facilities. The dietitians who work for them are assigned to a number of different locations and visit each one 1-4 times/month. I am working with a girl who graduated about a year ago from OSU's program. It has been really great working with someone who really understands what I am feeling and can really help me learn what I need to know. I never thought I would want to work in long term care, but after this week I have seen so much more of what that experience might be like and am considering it more and more. Still 3 weeks to go though. It also looks like I am back on track to graduate in the spring again, which makes me so happy. My year will be really crazy, but I am willing to push myself to get done. I also got offered the job at the Medical Center for real yesterday, and will be starting that as soon as my clinical rotation is finished. Ryan is still plugging away at the Kroger. He is not working too many hours (which is good and bad) and they keep scheduling him for Sundays so it is a little frustrating. He also just got some golf clubs thanks to his cousin Melanie and her husband Scott, so he has been getting into that. He has been at a CPR training class all day that he had to take for school and now he is heading to the golf course with some friends. That means a girls night with my friends so gotta go! Love you all!

7 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

Sounds like you're making some good friends out there. That makes me happy, just don't forget about me! Miss you!

Karly & Greg Palmer said...

Sounds like everything is working out so well for you guys! We're glad!

Ty and Em said...

I envy your motivation to finish school, Taryn! And on time, too. I feel like Tommy Boy. "It takes a lot of people 8 years to finish college... they're called doctors." Haha. I bet it's really hard being so far away from the West and away from family and friends. But, you are such a lovable, fun person, I know you are going to make friends like that (snap)! Before you know it, Ryan will be getting ready to graduate and you'll probably be so sad to leave Ohio. I will admit, Island Park was a bit depressing without you guys. I really missed you. But, I am SO happy for you and Ryan to have this adventure together. In fact, I am a teensy bit envious! Haha. Welp, I love ya. Hope you're happy and having fun!

sam and kyrsten said...

T im glad that everything is working out so well again! you are definately being looked out for! we miss you and love you! and cant wait to see you again soon!

The Millers said...

well you better be getting excited for you favorite visitors ever on August 8th. Its for shizzle now.

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Ryan and Taryn,
I have just finished figuring this blog thing out. I think I had to wait for Ash to get home from girls camp to help me. anyway. We have been trying to make some changes here at the house. Ashlie & I painted the play house so now it matches the house and we are trying to work on a paver patio on the south side of the house. We have been at it for a month. The problem is Jeff and I work different days and have a hard time getting much done. It pretty much takes at least two or more. But we are working on it, Taylor and Ashlie are helping too. We are determined to do it ourselves and save money. We'll see. Maybe we will have wished we payed someone to do it. Love ya and Miss ya Teresa

Austin, Angie and Lillian said...

taryn ahhh thankyou so much it put a big smile on my face to see your comment it is so good to hear from old friends! i hope that all is well with you and your hubby. we love you!