Monday, May 5, 2008

Greatest Weekend Ever!

Me and Lacy


Party!!


Yes, this weekend was fantastic! The greatness started on Friday when I got to see my good friend Lacy Schepis Williams. We were best of friends growing up and then she moved to Texas. We still kept in contact and have seen each other once every two or three years. But she got married this past November and my mom, Taigen, Kyrsten, and I were able to go to her wedding in St. George. Now she and here husband live in Denver, but they were in Logan for his sisters graduation. I only got to see her and chat with her for about an hour, but it was so great. That night we headed to the Jazz game. We had such a great time and it was such a great game! Our seats were literally on the last row of the arena (see the wall behind Ryan and Benji?), but it was still so fun. It was my first Jazz game, and it was a great one to go see!


Me and Anne are hardcore Jazz fans!- notice the arena wall behind Benji and Ryan??

Saturday we went to Pocatello and got to see my little brother go to the Prom! He is so cute and I love him! Apparently I am the midget in my family. My youngest sister Taigen is now as tall, if not taller than me. Then on Sunday we had a huge BBQ! I think there were almost 55 people at my parents house. We had family and friends, and even Ryan's family drove from Logan to say goodbye and eat. Lots of family members are going on great adventures this summer, so we wanted to get together before everyone left. I have three cousins going to Hawaii for the entire summer to work and PLAY! (so jealous!!), one cousin doing satellite sales in Manhattan, and Sam and Kyrsten will be in Chicago. Its crazy how everyone is doing such great things, but it is so exciting.


Another great thing that happened this weekend was at church. We were singing How Firm a Foundation in sacrament meeting and this overwhelming sense of peace came over me. I just know that if I am doing what is right and building my foundation on Christ and the gospel that everything is going to be just fine, and that the Lord is going to be with me whether I live in Ohio or Utah or if we are poor as dirt. It was just what I needed at just the right time, and I am so grateful for it. Now I just want to leave! I am so excited to get out there. Less than 20 days to go!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Tar,
How random is that, I remember Lacy Schepis too, and her mom was an aide in my class in 2nd grade. Wow I remember weird things about people. I'm glad you had such a great weekend. Good luck with your move!

Heather Ashcroft said...

Taryn, What a great post! I really enjoyed it. I'm glad you've been having such a great time before your big departure!
Love ya-Heather

sam and kyrsten said...

T i love you! you are so FABULOUS! i hope you know im going to miss you! but you are going to have such a great time in Ohio! Everything is going to work out great! im glad we could spend a fun weekend together! i cant wait to see you thursday! dont worry we cancled the date so you get to spend time with me! :)

Ty and Em said...

It was so good to see you guys! You are due for such an adventure. I'm going to miss you, though!

Taig said...

6 days. what a fun experience! many many memories to make! :] can't wait. see you soon.