Friday, February 29, 2008

Its Official

Well it was pretty much a for sure thing before, but I was still a little skeptical- I mean its me! But today I found out that I am officially accepted into the OSU dietetics program. That means I am still graduating next year, I will just be doing so as a Buckeye :( Yes I am a little bit sad about it. I LOVE my program here at USU. There are only 23 girls in my program and we are all very good friends because we spend almost every second together. Also I have wonderful professors who are very open with us and try to help us succeed. It looks like we will be moving May 23. Most likely my parents and Jace and Taigen will be driving out with us and the moving van (we are taking my car too) We will unload and explore Columbus for a couple days and then go to Chicago and visit Sam and Kyrst who will be selling there in the summer. We are planning on going to a Cubs game (Ryan is sooo happy about this one), possibly seeing Wicked (Taryn is sooo happy about this one), and going to Nauvoo. It will be a great trip to do some new things and have a good break before I start school again (June 16th!!!!) Hopefully it all works out!






Also just wanted to mention that I loved clinicals in Ogden this week. I had been interested in nutrition support prior to this week, but I really loved it!! I think that nutrition support is what I want to do after I graduate, but it still could change. It is always a great feeling when I become excited about my degree and my professional future. Its not that I don't like school, but my program is just so busy that I sometimes forget! :) Today dietetics put on a health fair at the University. It was way fun and I got to do food demos and pass out samples to people who were around...basically it was a really good week in regards to school!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh how fun, all the change, not always the greatest but it always helps with things work out to prove that you are supposed to be there. Make sure to keep us updated.
-Kristen

sam and kyrsten said...

hey tar! THAT IS GREAT! im really excited for you! im so thrilled for our trip we are going to have tons of fun! its really weird that you are going to be leaving! kinda makes me sad! but it is so good for you and ryan! i love you guys

Danika said...

Yay, that's great! Maybe we could meet up with you guys when you're in Nauvoo since that's only 2 hours away from us!

Ty and Em said...

Congratulations, Taryn! I'm super excited for you. A little bummed about the whole move, but really pumped for you guys and your upcoming adventures in Ohio! We love you!