Monday, January 21, 2008

Ohio Update

Well this past week has been a little crazy! Of course we found out about Ryan's school, but we have also been trying to figure things out with my school. I went to talk to my teacher who had told me that if Ryan were to get into OSU she could very likely get me into the OSU Dietetics program. So I went in with some confidence...However, when I talked to her she told me she hadn't realized I was in the coordinated program and because coordinated programs a very competitive to get into there most likely was nothing she could do. Needless to say I left feeling very discouraged. I had her call the director of the program at OSU and she left a message, she also gave me her contact info. I emailed her and explained my situation and told her I was willing to do almost ANYTHING to enter their program. She wrote me back saying that normally they could not let anyone in due to the competitiveness of the application procedure and the set number of students they could have in their program. BUT she said someone had dropped out of their program this year so there was a spot in their senior class for next year!! What a miracle! I could not believe it and started bawling because I have such a grateful heart! I can see the Lord's hand so clearly in this entire situation and am so grateful. It looks like I will have to apply for the spot, but with the help of my teachers at USU and the clinical/foodservice experience I have accumulated over this past year I think it will work out. I have already been emailing the OSU director all my class syllabi from this semester and last so that she can compare what I have learned with her curriculum. So this was a long post, but I just wanted to let everyone know how things are going! If I do get accepted into the OSU program I would be starting school in June so we will likely be leaving in MAY! A little sooner than I expected, but we are excited and I am willing if I can finish school out there.

1 comment:

Danika said...

Yea! I'm so glad it worked out for you! It's kind of scary to have faith sometimes that things will work out the way they are supposed too! But at the same time, when everything works out like this, you know you are doing what you are supposed to be. Congrats!