Eliza Scott Palmer is four! It all went down way back in October, but there is just too much about this little miss that I don't want to forget (basically everything). I think that everyone who knows her is obsessed with her and her sweet voice, funny sayings, and cute faces. She brings so much laughter and love to our family, and we just adore every part of her.
Last year on her birthday we spent the morning eating breakfast at the local Denny's. Little did we know what an impact that would have on our little lady. Every. Single. Day. Since that morning we have heard about how "Denny's is a breakfast place." Because of it's location, we usually drive by the restaurant at least once on most days, and without fail we hear from the backseat, "Did you Denny's is a birthday place?" One day she even piped up with, "A lot of people must have birthdays today! There's lots of cars at Denny's." (And please note that she still cannot pronounce her Rs, so it's more like buwfday…and it's probably my most favorite thing about her.)
So for birthday number four, we had no other choice but to hit up Denny's for a birthday pancake. Ryan had to work that day, so we pulled everyone out of bed and started the party at 7:00 am, just for good measure. And it was quite the party indeed. Between an early morning Denny's trip, preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch, and a Rock Star birthday party, we were all ready for bed by the time 7:00 pm hit.
Eliza loves to sing, and one of her favorite movies is Barbie: Princess and the Pop Star. With those thoughts in mind, a rock star fourth birthday party was born. Thanks in part to a little help from Pinterest (meaning I stole some ideas and spent the least amount of time, money and creativity possible to recreate them) we partied hard, complete with karaoke performances on Eliza's birthday present (her very own "singing machine"), and decorated poster board guitars. A little pizza, cake and ice cream later, and we had one happy birthday girl.
There is so much to remember about this little miss at age four. The other day we were watching Elf, and at one point Buddy the Elf lists out the activities he has planned for the day. The items on the list include eating large amounts of sugar, a fun activity or two, and snuggles--which is pretty much Eliza's perfect day. She is a cuddle bug, and I love her hugs and kisses that she so freely shares with her mom, dad and sisters.
She still loves her blankets, dressing up and playing princesses. She is having lots of fun in her dance/tumbling class and singing group this year. She especially loves that she gets to carpool with her friends, Paizley and Liberty.
There's no doubt that she loves school and all of her little friends, and she especially holds a special place in her heart for her friend Ian (first crush, perhaps?). She is always good about doing her "homework", especially when it's time for big sis to sit down and work on hers.
She talks about wanting a puppy every single day, and today she brought up the idea of getting her ears pierced sometime soon. She loves to wear my makeup, hates when I do her hair "like a baby", and wants to wear "dresses with long skirts" every single day.
She is always covered in bruises, scratches and every other mark of a rough and tumble child. She was recently diagnosed with a virus called Molluscum contagiousum, which causes pimple like bumps all over her body. Luckily for now they have been contained to her buttocks, legs and torso, as the virus can last anywhere from 6-18 months with no real treatment. She is also getting ready to get her tonsils removed next month, and is always telling Stella she can't do something because "I have tonsils." Stella likes to remind her that everyone has tonsils and so she in fact can help pick up the toys.
Liza is at the prime age for saying funny stuff, and a few of our recent favorites include:
I was telling her to get out of Stella's car seat and into her own, and she sighed and said,"This is such a hard life I live."
After giving her a blanket for quiet time she smiled up at me and said, "Thanks, mom. I really appreciate it."
"When I'm a mom and have a baby girl, I'm going to name it Sugar Sugar. And when it's a boy I'll name him Thomas."
While putting multiple headbands on Ivy,"We need to find the perfect look! This headband is so you!"
Singing "The Wise Man and The Foolish Man" from primary one day,"The rains came down, and the flowers came up!" I mean, she's probably not wrong!
While waiting for me to get her out of her car seat at the park,"I'm missing all the fun!"
Ivy was eating a Cheeto and got a little messy, so Eliza chimed in,"You made one heck of a mess, Ivy!"
"Mom! Put my hair in this crunchy!" (Ugliest scrunchy ever) Can't say no to that.
Ryan was leaving and giving everyone hugs and kisses, but Ivy got the last one. When he walked out the door Liza says in the saddest voice,"Well I guess dad only loves Ivy."
Eliza was telling Ryan that we went to the pioneer museum and said, "But I'm a sunbeam, not a pioneer."
I was asking Eliza if she was excited to start dance class again soon, and she says,"Yes, but it's just so tricky and hard!"
We were watching a Utah State game on TV with the girls and a Utah State commercial came on. I told the girls that's where me and their dad met and fell in love. Eliza says,"So that's where you found him?"
Eliza: Mom, when did your dad die?
Me: Five years ago.
Eliza: So how old were you?
Me: 24
Eliza: So you could take care of yourself…
We were having a little sing-off and she put the microphone in my face and says,"Give me a jam, mom!"
We were talking about if books and movies are fiction or non-fiction and Eliza asks,"Is Sleeping Beauty infection?"
"Dad, why can't I turn my head all the way around like the Grinch? Oh, I think I know! It's because I don't have spiders in my brains."
And sooooo many more that I didn't get recorded. Oh boy does she keep us laughing!
And finally, the results of our annual birthday interview. Here's a little bit about Eliza--by Eliza--at age four.
What is your favorite color? Pink, purple and blue
What is your favorite toy? Jewelry box from Shag
What is your favorite movie? Barbie Rock N' Royals
What is your favorite fruit? Blueberry
What is your favorite vegetable? Tomato
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal Bar
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Mac n Cheese
What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? Spaghetti
What is your favorite snack? Fruit leather
What is your favorite drink? Hot chocolate
What is your favorite thing to wear? Dresses with long skirts
What is your favorite thing to play? Barbies
What is your favorite animal? Polar bear
What is your favorite song? Jingle Bell Rock (the song she danced to for her Christmas recital)
What is your favorite book? Rudolph
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the snow
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
Who is your best friend? Ian
What do you want to be when you grow up? A dog trainer
What is your favorite thing to do with mom? Hug her
What is your favorite thing to do with dad? Go to the movie theater
What is your favorite thing to do with Stella? color
What is your favorite thing to do with Ivy? Help her walk
Where is your favorite place to go? Hawaii (never been there)…preschool!









2 comments:
Okay, the quotes are the best!!! So funny! And your commentary about them is even better. "Can't say no to that."
You are the cutest mom. When I was looking at the photos, I was thinking what a good mom you are and what a wonderful life those girls have. Love you!
She is so cute!
Post a Comment