Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Half a Year With Ivy Jo


The truth is, most of months six and seven are now blurring together.  But when it comes to six months there are a few distinct memories.

Like how I got emotional putting her to bed on her sixth month birthday, knowing half of her first year was already over.  It's a little bit bitter, but oh so sweet watching your babies grow up.


Or how she started eating food like a big girl.  For the most part we just give her pieces of what we are eating, but she has also done a bit of puree, as well.  She has had oranges, sweet potato, banana, avocado, steamed carrots, peas, steamed bell peppers, pancakes, watermelon, grilled cheese, yogurt, cheese, and I can't even remember what else.  So far she likes most food, especially that of the big girl variety


I'll remember her cuteness (obviously), and how she still wasn't sleeping through the night.

I want to remember her loving bath time a little more each day and how she smelled like lavender while I rocked her to sleep.

I won't soon forget the comments on her petite frame, and for good reason since she has been the smallest of our babies, weighing in at only 13 pounds 10 ounces at her six month appointment.

I'll remember her big sister leaving lipstick marks on her forehead, the flowered hat Aunt Vicki sent, and how fun it was to dress her in the clothes her big sisters wore years before.

But mostly I'll remember how much we loved her and how happy she made us each and every day.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

If she keeps getting cuter, she will become my dinner. I need her!

Nicole said...

She is so sweet! I love how siblings look so similar and yet have their own beautiful face. Miss you guys.