Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Our Happy February


I really want to start this post by not saying something about how fast life is going, how busy we are, etc...but seriously!  Life is so full.  Thankfully it's full of 99.9% wonderful things.  

A few of those good things that filled up our February moments included:
Valentine's Day crafting, staring contests with the baby strapped to my chest, visiting dad at work, sister time before bed, mommy daughter dates to the ballet, a dad playing princesses with his girls, and tea parties right before dinner.

We spent a day in Pocatello letting Taigen make mom pretty and playing with cousin Gibson. Another weekend was spent with the Hansen/Short clan snowmobiling and lounging around in Bear Lake.  And at the end of the month mom and Ivy escaped to Boise for a couple of days of shopping, laughing and eating thanks to the Hansen girl's getaway.

As I mentioned on Instagram a few weeks ago, lately I feel like a mom with a capital M.  I work on handouts and power point presentations in the car while waiting for children to finish dance class,  there is always a bath to be given, a dish to be washed, or a pile of clothes to be folded.  I nurse in the Target parking lot, spend more time in the diaper aisle than browsing the clearance racks, and push my gaggle of children around in a giant cart while they trail popcorn throughout store.  I think it's the life I always imagined, though on extra long days I'm not so sure.  The reality is this life we live is quite ordinary and very rarely glamorous, but it's oh so very happy and I'm grateful it's mine to live.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good job on the monthly update! Brief but hitting on all the good stuff! This is what I need to do!