To say Valentine's Day was low key this year might be giving the day too much credit. Dad worked in the morning while I tried my best to deep clean two bathrooms with three needy children pulling me away from my work every two minutes. It was my turn to plan our V-day celebrations, but a week full of a baby sick with croup and knowing how impossible it would be to find a sitter for a Valentine's Day that fell on a Saturday left me with plans of staying home and enjoying a fancy home cooked dinner with the whole family. Well, by the time 1:00 pm rolled around and Ryan made it home from work I was a grumpy mess, still in my pajamas and practically begging Ryan to take the girls out of the house for a couple of hours so I could finish cleaning in peace. I also hadn't even started that special dinner that should have been in the crock pot by 9:00 am, so a quick stop at Five Guys was also on Ryan's list. Oh the romance!
So while our Valentine's Day didn't end up much different than most other days of the year, the fact of the matter is that I still love my people and they love me. We drive each other crazy, but we make each other really happy in the process. For FHE on the Monday before Valentine's Day we wrote down things that we loved about each member of our family. The good news is that the hardest part was thinking of just one thing. The reality is that most of the time our home is full of chaos and imperfect moments, but it's also full of a lot of love.
![]() |
| She was really into our traditional Valentine's Day photo shoot! |
"I love Ivy when she smiles!" - Stella
"I love that Ivy is so snuggly and has edible cheeks." - Dad
"I love Ivy because she's my good baby sister!" - Eliza
"I love when Ivy smiles at me." - Mom
"I love Dad because he works so hard for us." - Mom
"I love that that Dad doesn't have his beard anymore." - Eliza
"I love Dad because he is funny." - Stella
"I love Dad because he changes my diapers." - Ivy
"I love that Eliza wants to be just like her sister and loves her mom so much." - Dad
"I love Eliza's snuggles." - Mom
"I love Eliza because she makes me smile." - Ivy
"I love Eliza when she wears dresses." - Stella
"I love Stella because she is so smart." - Mom
"I love Stella because she sings to me." - Ivy
"I love Stella because she's so nice to everyone." - Dad
"I love Stella because she's my best sister." - Eliza
"I love Mom because she plays with me." - Stella
"I love Mom because she feeds me." - Ivy
"I love Mom because she's my best mama!" - Eliza
"I love Mom because she's so beautiful and is so thoughtful and such a great mom to my babies." - Dad



2 comments:
How cute is this post!? you know you're in love when Vday plans don't even matter. You are all adorable!
Love all the new posts! Sure makes me miss your sweet family, though :)
Post a Comment