Saturday, December 14, 2013

Recent Moments iLoved {November Edition}


November was a beautiful and painful month.  We kept ourselves busy with the usual day to day happenings of two little girls and their parents; and we managed to throw in a few out-of-the-ordinary things in as well.

Of course with it being November and the month of Thanksgiving we had to make our thankful turkeys.  I love this tradition and learning about the big and not-so-big things the girls are thankful for.  Cousins, grandparents, stuffed friends, and favorite foods all made the cut.  I am most definitely grateful for them and their perfect examples.  Other Thanksgiving related activities included making turkey masks at the library and lots of preschool crafts.

Stella had a great month.  She began her first session of swimming lessons and did so wonderful!  Normally she loves the idea of the swimming pool, but tends to get very nervous once it is time to get into the water.  That being said I was very anxious for this experience.  She surprised us all and was such a brave girl.  Lessons finished up last week, and she is already begging to sign up for the next session which begins in January.  Between swimming, preschool, and dance it is becoming evident that this girl is wearing herself out.  Unfortunately she refuses a nap almost every single day, which means we have been dealing with a high number of uncharacteristic meltdowns.  That or the ever so lovely 5 pm nap time, which no one ends up being a fan of around these parts.  Sometimes I wonder if she is doing too much for her little four-year-old soul, but she loves every single activity and is such a social girl.  Sometimes it is hard to know if I am making life too busy and too scheduled.

As for miss Eliza, well she is still just the center of all of our lives.  Her personality is so adorably frustrating.  She has attitude and spunk, and provides the comic relief to our days 99% of the time.  She had a few rough days due to getting in those pesky two year molars, but most days her grumpiness is simply manifested through a pouty lip and endearingly whiny voice that none of us can get enough of.  We just couldn't love her more.

A few other moments of note included a trip to Pocatello to welcome home Elder Burch, Aunt Taigen's missionary.  It was so fun to see him again, and we are so happy things seem to be working out for the two of them.  We also had a few quick visits with our favorite dentist before bedtime- I'm telling you, that headlamp gets a lot of use at our house.

We ended the month by setting up our Christmas tree, drinking hot chocolate, and remembering the real meaning of the season as we watched movies about and discussed our Savior's birth so long ago.  I'm so grateful that I get to share this holiday season with my sweet babies, and that I can try to teach them what really matters amid all the hustle and bustle that this world has to offer.  They are the reason my life is so sweet, and they are the ones who always seem to make up the recent moments that I love so much.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'd love to get together and meet you after the holidays! You look really familiar to me, so I must've seen you at some of those HHS events. :) Where is your husband working? Dentists...small world. My email is rachel dot nielson at hotmail dot com. Email me and we can get together!

Also, I scrolled down a bit and read the news of your miscarriage. I am so so sorry. Such a painful experience. I hope you are doing okay.