Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Jace + Ash


Now for the recap of the main event, the whole reason we made our way to California, the beautiful union of  my baby brother and his sweet bride.  I still can't believe my little Jacer is married, but he is so happy and we love Ashley so much.  It is fun to watch them navigate their way through this new adult life they have created together.  They are going to do awesome!

We started the wedding festivities on Tuesday night when we were able to be with Ashley as she received her endowments in the temple.  It was a beautiful night surrounded by the people I love so much, being reminded of the glorious truths of the Gospel.  We all knew that while this wedding was such a joyous event, it would also be difficult.  This is my first sibling to be married since my dad passed away, and his absence was obvious.  But there is nowhere that I feel closer to him than I do at the temple, and this night was no different.  I know he was there with us and is proud of Jace and the decisions he has made in his life.  No doubt he would be welcoming Ashley into our family with open arms.

The night before the wedding we celebrated the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Hansen with a Joni approved party on the beach.  I think my mom has been dreaming up a shin-dig like this for a very long time, and it turned out to be so much fun.  Street tacos made on-site, colorful umbrellas, a sunset over the ocean, and bonfires were the perfect touches to our party.


And then it was time.  In a beautiful and very personal ceremony, Jace and Ashley were sealed for time and all eternity.  I missed my dad being in that room so very much, but I am truly grateful that Paul could be there with us.  He is a good man and has done so much for all of us.  We really do love him.

After the ceremony we met for pictures near Laguna Beach.  I can't really describe how amazing the views were or how perfect the pictures turned out.  It was pretty dreamy, that's for sure.  And did you see Ashley's dress?  Those flowers?  So perfect.  Too bad my kids hate weddings and I am pretty sure they were crying in every single photo we took that day.  Sorry about that, Ash.  Someday weddings will be fun again.


That night we partied at a beautiful home in San Clemente that had picture perfect views of the ocean.  The delicious food and dancing made for a great night.  And as if that wasn't enough, we made our way to Idaho the next weekend for yet another party.  I will admit, I was a little skeptical about the dream catchers and tee pees, but thanks to Joni's serious skills everything turned out awesome.  Beautiful celebrations for two beautiful people.  I can't wait to see what amazing things they will do in this life.  

1 comment:

Erin_C said...

I was thinking of you that day, that it must have been bittersweet. I know your dad was there with you and proud of all of you. What a beautiful and original wedding! And your last post about your trip looks so fun. I had a dream last night that we were in Cali and decided to "stop by Disneyland" for an afternoon visit. Realistic, right?