Once upon a time May happened. It feels like years ago, but looking back at some of these pictures I remember that it indeed came and went. It was a lovely month (I think). I actually blogged a few times throughout the month, so here is where I tell you about some of the other little moments we enjoyed along the way.
The start of May was spent celebrating Cinco de Mayo the best way we know how- a Mexican food potluck with friends and watching small children try to hit a pinata. I love me some Mexican food and my girls are now obsessed with pinatas, so it must of been a good day. That day our good friends unexpectedly had their baby boy a few weeks early, so we got to help them with their two older children. I could totally relate to the shock and panic they were feeling as they realized baby was coming a little earlier than they were expecting. Thankfully baby was healthy and happy, and it felt great to be able to repay some of the same type of help we received when E came early nearly two years ago.
Ryan and I made it out for a double date on the golf course. It was pretty freezing and I was honestly sort of dreading it since I had never actually played a game of golf and I sort of hate being bad at stuff. However, we were going with friends which meant no canceling our plans. It ended up being so much fun and I did slightly better than horrible, so I decided to call it a successful night. In the end I got my own set of clubs out of it, so although it was my first time it certainly won't be my last.
Stella finished her dance class at the end of the month, but not before little sis got to join the action for a day. She was in complete heaven wearing that blue tutu and dancing around with the big girls. Stella had a great time taking dance from Miss Julia, and I was able to make some great friends thanks to some of the other mamas being pretty cool, too. The youngest classes didn't participate in the end of the year recital this year, but next year I can't wait to see her doing her thing up on stage.
The rest of the pictures pretty much sum up life perfectly. Lots of fun with cute kids, lots of dental magazines (those were ALL in my mailbox one day), and a few chores and naps along the way. Eliza became obsessed with Mrs. Potato Head for about a week straight, she LOVES the swing and would stay right there for hours if we would let her, and even though those teeth of hers are just about the goofiest thing I've ever seen, they melt me just the same. Stella is becoming more like a teenager by the second- just taking selfies and doing her best to skip naps on a daily basis. But for as cute as they are, I too often forget to remember that these sweet girls truly are daughters of God that have been put in my charge. As the words of the song so beautifully remind me- I am here to lead them, guide them, and walk beside them. It's a big, sometimes scary job, but I am blessed to get to do it. And lucky for me most days they make it pretty easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment