Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks

During the month of November I did my best to reflect on the many blessings which I enjoy in this beautiful life of mine.  In doing so I participated in posting the “thirty days of thanks” going around Instagram, and did my best to post a picture of something I was grateful for each day.  Here is my simple, incomplete list of the things that make me happy on a daily basis.  I am so blessed.

Thanks 1

Day 1: I love this man and am so grateful to have him by my side as we do our best to navigate this crazy life.

Day 2: I am forever thankful that I get to be the mom to these two crazies.  Even when they get into their Christmas presents early and don’t let me sleep, they are still the best little ladies I know.

Day 3: I am so grateful for the beauty of music, and the opportunities it has given me to develop my talents and passions.

Day 4: After a long week I am grateful for a day of rest.  True, Sundays aren’t always the most restful for moms and dads, but I love putting our busy lives on hold for at least a few hours once a week.

Day 5: After surviving the doctor appointment from hell, today I am grateful for my 2nd Vanilla Coke Zero of the day…

Day 6: Voting in Montana is certainly a different experience than it is in Ohio, but today I am grateful that I can have a voice wherever I live, and for this amazing land we get to live in. (Still sad about the results…)

Day 7: Grateful for a refrigerator full of good food to eat and the knowledge that putting good things INTO my body will better able me to DO good things with my body.

Day 8: Today I am grateful the opportunity to teach my children to be thankful for their blessings; dragons and all…

Day 9: While the snow falls outside, tonight I am grateful for a cozy night spent in the comforts of my warm home.

Thanks 2thanks 3

Day 10: I am so lucky and thankful that this is my job.

Day 11: So thankful for the blessings of modern medicine in my life!  For making my babies feel better when they are sick, for helping keep my dad alive for nearly 4 years, and for bringing my children safely into this world.

Day 12:Thankful for my sweet Grandma Carol who took the time to draw some of her famous mermaids for Stella.  My girls are so lucky to know and love so many of their wonderful great grandparents!

Day 13: Grateful for a productive day.  Kitchen clean, laundry done, bathrooms cleaned, carpet vacuumed, and dinner cooking.  More grateful for simultaneous 2 hour naps that allowed this productive day to occur.

Day 14: Today I am grateful for this little man and that he decided to come visit me.  I am glad he brought his mom and dad along, too.

Day 15: So grateful for my amazing sisters.  These two are as beautiful on the inside as they so obviously are on the outside.  There isn’t much better than a sister, and I am so lucky to have two of them!

 

thanks 4

Day 16: Yesterday it was my sisters, but today I sure am thankful for this crazy kid!  He is an amazing brother and uncle, and I am so proud of all he has accomplished so far in his life!  We are so glad he is home!!!

Day 17: Miss this crazy animal more every day.  So thankful for eternal families and that he will forever be my dad!

Day 18: I am so thankful I get this lady as my mom.  She exemplifies everything I hope to be, and I love her so much.

Day 19: Very grateful for the wonderful family I married into!  I have always felt loved and accepted, and know that they are always ready and willing to help my little family if needed.

Day 20: I am thankful for my “new family”, because as hard and different as it is, I know it could be so much worse.  We are lucky my mom found a wonderful man who loves her and the 24/7 party that comes with her (i.e. her children)

Day 21: As much as I miss Ohio, today I am grateful to be living in beautiful Montana where it is actually possible for our family to make the drive for Thanksgiving.  This place might finally be starting to grow on me.

Day 22: Today I am thankful for time spent with these lovely people.  Five consecutive days off work for the daddy feels a little like Heaven, and I can’t wait to soak up every moment.

Day 23: So happy to find these amazing photos waiting in my mailbox today.  I am grateful for the ability to capture and remember the sweet moments of life, because sometimes the memories are all that you get to keep!

Day 24: Great day to be an Aggie and a Buckeye!  So grateful for these two amazing schools.  For the education they provided, for their cities which we grew to love, and for the people we met who changed us forever.

thanks 5thanks 6

Day 25: So thankful for “the reason for the season”, my Savior, Jesus Christ.  Because of his birth, life, and ultimate atonement, my life has purpose and direction, and my family can be together forever.

Day 26: Grateful for the turkey leftovers that provided us at least one more meal before I am forced to go to the grocery store.

Day 27: Thankful for clean water that is safe to drink and give these girlies a bath with!

Day 28: Thankful for a little alone time, even it is a trip to the grocery store. (I must be a mom.)

Day 29: So grateful for the amazing friends in my life, both old and new.  I am so lucky to have shared the most difficult and most wonderful times of my life with such great people.

Day 30: Thirty days later and I am most thankful for the beautiful life which I have been blessed with.  My family, my faith, my home, and every second I am granted on this earth. I am the luckiest.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

I just love this post so much.

You always exude thankfulness; and you're a joy to be around. Thank you for that.

P.S. Pigtails and walking/RUNNING will come. TOO soon. Embrace it. Relish in it. Breathe it in and hold on to it!!

#Do I dare admit that I maybe wish she was still 6.8 pounds?:) xoxo

The Millers said...

My goodness I love you. So lucky to have such an incredible example in my life.