Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grandma J

She may have retired one of her titles this year, but Mrs. Joni has quickly and eagerly picked up a new one. Grandma Joni has officially hit the scene, and folks she may be the greatest there ever was. Grandma J made her first official spoil-the-grandchild visit this past week and I couldn't have been more excited to see her! Before her plane even left Salt Lake we already had 5 days full of events planned. But my mom wouldn't have it any other way, and I think our busy week payed off with some great memories and in what I think may be the cutest nursery ever!

Friday night was spent introducing my mom to many of my wonderful Ohio friends at a baby shower held in Little Miss P's honor. The shower turned out so great and my friends went above and beyond to make me and my little gal feel loved. It was a great night!



My mom came to Columbus with a mission. To teach me to sew and thus officially solidify my title as domestic goddess. Only problem was I didn't have a sewing machine and we had about 50 projects that required one. Little did we know what treasures awaited us....


That's right folks, the above beauty now resides in my basement after paying the pretty price of $4.95 at the local thrift store. And she works like a charm! We just had to polish her up a little and searh high and low on the world wide web for instructions on how the thread her and BAM!, she was sewing up a storm before we knew it. I even tried my hand at running the Singer with some moderate success.

This lady was much more successful at taking advantage of our little treasure and by the end of our long weekend we had pillows, lamp shades, laundry hampers, and rocking chair covers galore!
Speaking of all that sewing and painting and decorating.... something wonderful did come out of it. Unfortunately for you it isn't completely finished yet so you have to wait a little longer to see the final results, but there is a little sneak peak below. Oh, and did I mention I absolutely LOVE it!

While she was here Grandma was able to hear the little gal's heartbeat at our 27 week appointment. My doctor was actually running out the door to go deliver a baby, but the sweet nurse let us hear the heartbeat anyways. I could listen to the sweet rhythm of her heart all day long! I head back to the doctor in three weeks and then it is every two weeks after that. January is coming fast!
Overall I would have to say Grandma's first visit was a success! And I wasn't even too sad to say goodbye since we get to head West in a few weeks for our final visit before baby. Anyone else feel like life is traveling at warp speed these days?

14 comments:

Saunja said...

YAY! Looks like you had a fun time with Grandma J. Wow, you guys were busy! I'm so glad she's back here now, though :) I missed her.

Kristen said...

I'm excited to see the pics. Oh and get ready, you think life is travelling fast now, just wait until after Miss P comes-even faster! Hold on to all the moments you can!

Britni said...

Yeah for moms! That was great timing for her to come out so you could get all that stuff done! Can't wait to come see all your hard work!

ryan&meg said...

Seriously, $4.95... you never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to see more pics of the finished room. Also, I can't wait to see you. Speaking of your upcoming visit to the West, is there anything I can do to help with the Logan shower?? I'd love to help, so really don't hesitate.

Sarah said...

It only gets worse after baby comes. soak up ever second you can, it all goes by so fast!

Brad and Laura Williams said...

Thats so fun your mom got to visit you guys. You are such a cute prego girl.

Heather Ashcroft said...

I'm glad it's going fast for you. Just make sure once little Miss P is here that you take every moment you can to just take her in. Hopefully things will slow down once she's here. Again, I love your posts, so enjoyable. Glad your mom's stay was a success, so fun! I may have to check the thrift store for a sewing machine, I really want one. I am so excited to see the finished nursery ... hurry up, hurry up, hurry up !!! :) Love ya

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

I'm excited for all the nursery pics since I've been telling everyone I know about her room! You look cute little prego lady!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Taryn looks like all is going well. I love the sewing machine. It looks like that old desk come into good use. i can't wait to see the pictures. You look so cute pregnant! Love Teresa

sam and kyrsten said...

TARANCH! i LOVE LOVE LOVE YOu and everything. i wish i could click on your shower collage to make it bigger- can you work on that? :) love the beginning of the nursery! i cant wait to see it. i love you sister! you look beautiful as always!

sam and kyrsten said...

im not gonna lie though. its good to have j home.

Ty and Em said...

You look fabulous!

Leah said...

How fun!!! I can't wait to see the final project. I agree about time going at warp speed. You look so adorable by the way!