Sunday, September 28, 2008

Scarlet, Grey, and White

This weekend we were able to go to our first OSU football game. We have season tickets to the home games and our seats are actually not as bad as they could be. We sit with all of our great friends and we had a fun time. The Buckeyes even won for us! I have to work every other weekend, but somehow my work schedule ended up perfect. I have every home football game off! The Utah Crew- Allyson and Kevin Bowcutt, Jordan Humbert and Ryan, Me and Heather Humbert, and Nate and Britni Watkins...another kid from Utah, Dave Cox, also sits with us but hadn't arrived yet. He is our single friend looking for love in Ohio.

The famous script Ohio done by the marching band. The band was referred to throughout the game as "The Pride of the Buckeyes." They were actually really great and I find it so interesting how much people love the band here.
This is a picture outside the stadium about an hour before kick-off. I wish I could show you how truly crazy it is on campus. People, beer, and Buckeye clothing everywhere you look!
Last week was also Ryan's White Coat Ceremony. He received it his white coat and a few people spoke on what that the white coat represents, i.e. professionalism, trust, integrity, skill. It was a neat ceremony (not too cultish like National Honor Society) and I was so proud of my hubby! He has worked so hard to get here and starting at 9 am tomorrow will be working even harder, but I know he is going to do great!

The boys- Ryan, Kevin, Jordan, Dave, and Nate
The girls- and yes we totally planned to all wear green. Okay, we didn't but how weird is that? (Heather, Taryn, Allyson, and Britni)
O-H-I-O with baby Tucker Watkins dotting the I! Go Bucks!!

17 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

:) oh t how fun! you are so cute! the green thing is really weird. too bad isu sucks at football.... oh yeah and every sport

Brienne Alder said...

Congrats to Ryan for getting his white coat. He looks very profesional and serious in that whitey jacket of his. He will be a great Dentist. OSU's stadium makes USU's stadium pretty ghetto. I can't believe how freckin huge it is there. I bet that was crazy the first time you saw it. I'm so glad to hear that you guys are having so much fun out there. I'm kinda jealous of all the fun adventures you two have been having though. Ha HA but It's so good to do those things. Love ya

Britni said...

Yeah for football games! And the thing is, they are just gonna get better! I am so excited for the Michigan game, that's gonna be nuts!

Taig said...

GO BENGALS! ha ah.. just kidding.. like kyrst said.. they suck! i'm sure highland could play them and beat them.. sad i know. looks like so much fun though.

Casey and Kristi said...

That is so fun to that you go to a school that actually has a good football team! My husband is jealous!!!

Leah said...

Wow it looks like you guys are having tons of fun! I love getting the updates from our far away friends! love ya tar!

Kelli and Randall said...

Looks like great fun! Congrats to Ryan on his white coat. Miss you guy's.
Love ya

Benji and Anne King said...

Hello there Palmers. Long time, no talk. The Horseshoe does look cool, but one of these days I'll have to bring you to Death Valley in Baton Rouge to see a game there (maybe in November so we don't sweat to death). Ryan, if the Cubbies and Red Sox play in the world series who do you go for? Put on your fancy white coat and tell me that one. One day when we are all back in Cache Valley, we'll have to have a moustache growing marathon. Holler at us one of these days. Benji

Taig said...

LOVE the top picture! :]. how have you guys been. i haven't talked to you guys for awhile.

Tresa & Norman said...

Sure enjoy your newsy blog. Congratulations Ryan on getting your WHITE COAT!! And to you Taryn for going forward in getting your degree. Lots of hard work. Sounds like you have lots of friends and are having a great time but working hard. Miss ya and love ya a bunch. Grandpa & Grandma Hansen

Tresa & Norman said...

Hey, I don't know why our name comes up as it does. Guess I typed something in wrong but don't know how to fix it. Guess that's old age.Ha Grandma Hansen

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Looks like your life is going great!! how is everything?

Jerica said...

Taryn!!! sorry i didn't tell you i had a blog! ha ha I added yours on my friend link and everything and i didn't even tell you! its ok tho cuz now you know!!! love ya!

sam and kyrsten said...

Taranch! i am a jealous person! thats lame! ha PS the good news is you do look like me! ha but thanks that was really sweet of you! i love you and i think you are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! and your skinny... so thats two pluses!

Jerica said...

okay so i was in class and i got on your blog and i totally forgot it plays music!!! and my computer was turned up all the way! ha ha ha

sam and kyrsten said...

hey t time to update.

Angie said...

I love reading your blogs! You guys look like you're having a blast! Tell Ryan congrats!