Summer 2007Summer 2008 has been one of new and exciting changes for the Palmer family! We have moved across the country, visited some great places, and continue to make new friends and adjust to life outside our "Utah Bubble." So here are a few things that I am LOVING so far during the summer of 08...
1. Ryan! We have been able to spend so much quality time together. He has been my rock through this crazy and often emotional change in our lives. I appreciate all he does for me each day (stocking shelves at the Kroger) and will always cherish the time we have been able to spend together during the summer of 2008.
2. Tennis. Playing and watching! We have been playing almost everyday, and although I am still horrible I am having fun! Also, we have been watching the superstars at Wimbledon...wow they are powerful! I am so weak compared to them. I never really played before now, but I think it is a hobby I will keep around for a while. Someday when we can afford it I would love to take lessons and even have a court in our backyard. Too bad we aren't going to be millionaires, huh?
3. Running. Many of you are reading that one and asking yourself if you are still reading Taryn's blog. But I am actually enjoying it. Again, we have been going almost everyday. I am still not in too great of shape, but I was very proud of myself the other day for running just under 2.5 miles. There is a 5K here in Dublin at the end of July, and my sights are set on running that. I know it is really not hard, but it would be a huge accomplishment for me. We'll see if it happens.
4. Free Time. This really is more of a love/hate relationship. While it has been hard for me to feel like I am being lazy, I know deep down this will probably be one of the last times in my life I will get this chance. And it isn't going to last much longer since I am starting clinicals on Monday! Yeah for that. It looks like I will be doing 32 hrs/week for the next 4 weeks. By the end I will be able to start my job at the hospital for sure and I will finish off the summer just working. I really am excited to get back into dietetics related activities...I already feel like I have forgotten everything!
5. Homemade Meals. Since I have had so much free time on my hands I have been cooking a ton! I love to cook, especially when I have the time and a menu planned out, so I have really enjoyed being able to spend some time in the kitchen. I have even been making desserts/treats...not so good for our workout routine eh? Also, we just got a new BBQ to use outside (thanks Mom and Dad!) that Ryan in currently assembling downstairs. We are excited to use it and hope to have a little 4th of July BBQ tomorrow...that is if the weather cooperates. Rain, rain GO AWAY!
6. Ice Cream. Always and forever it will be on my list of favorite things. Ohio ice cream has not been a disappointment! So far we have tried 4 different ice cream shops. *Rita's- this place is really good. It is a mixture of frozen custard and icee/slushies...yum! *Graeter's- This is Ohio's hometown creation...think Aggie Ice Cream, but not as good in my opinion. Still an OK treat. *Dip-n-Dots- There is a stand alone store near our house with every flavor you could think of and every flavor you never would. We have been a couple of times. So weird, yet so good. *Jenny's- This is my favorite! This place has the weirdest flavors, but is sooo good. It's signature flavor is Salty Carmel. Some other flavors we tried while we were there included pistachio (always a personal favorite), chocolate cayenne (spicy!!), goat cheese and cherry (didn't try this one), and lavender wild berry...some crazy stuff but it was really tasty!
7. Sunshine. I love warm weather and always will! It has been raining a lot out here and it is really humid, but at least it is not snowing...there is still that possibility in Logan I am sure!
So that's what I am loving about the summer of 2008. What are the rest of you diggin this summer?
11 comments:
im diggin work... not really! :) SCRAPBOOKING and CARD MAKING! i'm loving it! and i disagree you will be right up there with Bill Gates, a dentist and a diatition!
Cute picture with your big hat. Sounds like youre havin fun over there in Ohio. I decided if there is a hurricane here this summer we will drive up and see you guys for a few days and then maybe it will all be over! Maybe we can run that 5k together!!
My activities sound very similar to yours actually. I know exactly what you mean by feeling like I've forgotten all the dietetics stuff we worked so hard to learn though! I've been studying and I just keep getting more nervous that I'm gonna completely mess up when we get back into it. Probably my free time, relaxation and being able to exercise and cook good meals are all the things I digg a ton. haha
You run that 5K! We're hoping to run a 5K in Island Park Saturday morning! Surely,I'll be dead by the end, but proud of myself all the same. I'm so sad you guys are going to be gone for our little annual family fling. Tyson is super bummed that Ryan's not going to be there. (frown) Of course I'm so happy you guys are doing so well in Ohio! Just a little sad you're so far away. You'll have to share some recipes of the good stuff you're making! Let me in on your culinary secrets! Love you guys!
sounds like you guys are having an awesome summer...I wish we were out there already to enjoy it with you - we are so excited to move out!
Hey Taryn,
I saw your blog on someones a little bit ago, can't remember whose, but I added you to mine. I was excited to see how you are and what you have been up to and I am glad you are happy and doing so well! If you get a chance and want to stop by my blog and take a look if you would like. You are an awesome person Taryn don't ever change!
Love, Abby ;o)
Hey there...we are also coming out from Utah for dental school. I found your names through Bowcutt's blog. I am axious/nervous about coming out, but am excited to make some new friends! We'll have to keep in touch! We are cominf out to look for hosues July 24-28. We'd love to meet you guys for lunch or dinner, or whatever...I need friends! You can check out our blog @ nateandbritwatkins.blogspot.com
Hey Taryn! I'm a bit jealous that you have the opportunity to go visit all those places where you're at! I LOVE traveling and wish I could do more of it! But it sounds like you guys are doing great and are very happy!
your so cute. i love you so much. :)
Hey P, that picture reminds me of a certain coral pink sand dunes picture. Ha! We'll be three hours away soon, go Pitt.
Wow, what a fun time you two are having. We really enjoy the pictures and all the info. Thanks for inviting us. Love,
Grandpa & Grandma
Post a Comment