
So the countdown to moving day is on. I think we only have about 28ish days left...I can't believe it! We are finally starting to wrap up some of our last odds and ends. I have been in contact with the professor over my clincal rotations and it looks like I won't have to repeat the hours I have done at USU. I don't actually mind repeating clinical hours at the hospital, but I DID NOT want to repeat foodservice. Luckily I don't have to. I am only registering for one class for summer quarter and two for autumn. Not that I actually know what that entails yet, and they are really just the clinicals. Hopefully that will save us some money in the long run...not quite sure what summer is going to cost yet, but I don't really want to know. You would think that if I am only taking one class it shouldn't be too much, but that out of state tuition is going to kill us I think.
So I THINK we have our apartment situation worked out. It has been a little stressful so I am having a hard time completely trusting that it has all worked out (imagine that). We should arrive in Ohio on May 25 or 26, but the apartment we really want is not available until the end of June. It is located in Dublin, just outside of Columbus, it is government subsidised so it is a little cheaper, and we have friends who live there. Also we hear there are like 10 or so LDS couples who live there. So what I am saying is that we really wanted to live there. If you didn't catch it the only problem is the fact that we are going to arrive in Ohio the end of May. So we were looked into getting a month lease somewhere-the only place we could find said we had to pay with an American Express card to get the month lease, but oh yeah we don't have an AmEx. So then we looked into living in a hotel for a while- SOOOO expensive. Finally our awesome friends offered to let us live with them until we can get into our apt. They will actually both be in Utah for the majority of the time, so it works out really well. We will just have to get a storage unit for our stuff. The post picture is the outside of the apartment complex.
Overall I am getting more and more excited to leave. I was having a hard time for awhile there, but the closer it gets and the more we get worked out the better it all feels. Also school is almost over for me which makes it even easier to focus on the move. Plus I am really excited for our little family vacation we are incorporating into our move. We bought our cubs tickets and Wicked tickets, as well as booking a place to stay in Nauvoo. It will be so fun, and I am way excited.
Oh and we disconnected our Internet/cable in our apartment so the posts may drop in number a little. I will try to keep you all updated though!
6 comments:
good luck with everything it will be a lot of fun. We lived in Virgina for a while after we got married and it is neat to go somewhere totally new.
You can't get too excited, I'll miss you!
oh tar im so excited for you! its going to be really weird not seeing you as often though! i guess that just means sam and i will have to come to ohio every once in awhile! im fine with that!!!
I am so excited for you guys! I am super jealous about your family going to Wicked! That is my soundtrack of choice when driving around town. LOVE it! I'm also pretty bummed you guys are going to miss out on Island Park. It's going to be a quiet festivity without you, Kyrsten, and Maddie. Too bad we're not going to law school or else I would probably have to tag along. Love you! Congrats!
how exciting to start a new adventure together. You guys will have so much fun. I am jealous you get to go see wicked. Good luck on the move.
I'm glad you guys will get too live around nice people! That really makes such a difference to have good friends nearby! I also am jealous you get to go to Wicked. We don't live that far from Chicago, but I don't know if we'll ever make it there.
Post a Comment